Design a brochure for a company.
PROCESS (Programs, Tools, Skills, FOCUS principles)
1. I wanted to take on a Non-profit Organization and see what I could do to help their brochure.
2. After getting Authorization to create a new brochure I made sure I had access to their information.
3. Originally I wanted to do a die-cut Z fold but things got a little complicated when designing the layout in InDesign.
4. I created some shapes to add some color in the design. Afterwards, I got edited some drawings to make it fit within the layout design of my document.
5. I Added in the logos from the correctional facility then exported the brochure document.
When I posted my draft on facebook, it was a really rough draft of what I wanted to use. Sister Nugent gave me some advice to avoid having hyphens and orphans in my document and for the most part I tried. Then Steven an employee in the Mac Lab critiqued me on my headings saying I should either have them be all statements or all questions (at the time I had both).
Facebook Critiques: Makenzie Clayson LeFevre
One-on-One Critique: Steven
Instructor Critique: Sister Nugent gave me some ideas as to usually how a trifold would open and to avoid having hyphens and orphans in my document.
To be a mentor to Inmates who are re-entering back into society.
Anyone older that 25.
TOP THING LEARNED
When text wrapping, you have to make sure it’s lined up specifically to the content box.
COLOR SCHEME & COLOR NAMES
Analogous // Green, Yellow, Tan, Brown
TITLE FONT NAME & CATEGORY
(Logo) Brandon Grotesque // San Serif
COPY FONT NAME & CATEGORY
Minion Pro// Serif
THUMBNAILS OF ANY ORIGINAL, UNEDITED IMAGE(S) USED IN THE PROJECT
SOURCE OF EACH IMAGE (website name and hyperlink)